A couple of things could cause an XP8/s to lock up.
- check the firmware is on the latest revision and you are uploading the project to the device using the latest Integration Designer.
- There are no unused/ unneeded drivers in the project. This includes the XPDiagnostics driver- only run it if you are using it for analysis
- Unknown driver commands. Often found when importing devices from other projects.
- Unknown text variables. Often found when importing devices from other projects.
- Flags that are not closed. if a flag is raised but never closed this will fill the processor cache and cause it to lock up.